December 3, 2008

So I Blew It

Funny how in life things are going great and everything is working out just fine, and them WHAM it hits you up side the head. Well that's kinda like what happened to me. I was doing great getting my thankful posts written, I had so many other things on my list to write about. Life was good (or atleast my blogging life was going good). Then one saturday I was out running errands with my kids, getting their pictures taken, having practice for the ward primary program, taking them to see their dad at his work, etc. And by the end of the day I was dying, I kid you not DYING. At first I thought it was just a sinus headache or something, but no it was so much more. The next morning I realized that I wasn't going to make it through 3 hours of church. So I called one of the counselers in the primary presidency and asked if they could cover my class, no problem she said and she meant it ( I love when people say that and really mean it). So while I went to church, I just couldn't not go and see my kids do their parts, I sat with Mr. Man and his mom & brother who both came to watch the kids. The entire primary did a fabulous job, my two were cute they did their parts and sang their songs so well. My class was very cute they all tried to sit still and most did a good job of it. Afterwards me and the kids went home for some quiet time for them, nap time for me. And Mr. Man went back to work to finish up somethings that needed to be done. By Tuesday I thought maybe I would survive, but no there was more. Wednesday I woke up with a hacking cough and not much in the way of a voice. Mr. Man's nephew was getting married that Friday, which we both missed, me because I was sick and didn't want to hack through the whole sealing and Mr. Man missed because he was the only manager for the day so he couldn't leave then. But we both made it to the reception, where I sat and watched my kids dance and have a great time. The bride looked gorgous, the groom very handsome and the cutest little flower girl looked like a princess. (did I mention that Miss Magoo was a flower girl?)
By last Monday I knew that I would make it, life was starting to settle down, or atleast I was feeling better Mr. Man on the other hand was just starting to come down with something similar to what I'd had. But after I started coming out of my fog I realized me house was barely hanging in there. I spent the next couple of days before Thanksgiving trying to restore order to my house and finish getting better. We spent Thanksgiving day at Mr. Man's bother's house, with my inlaws, we all had a nice time.
During all of the craziness I acutally started my Christmas shopping and I'm now almost done, YEAH! These next few weeks are the busiest time of year for Mr. Man at work and to top it off he'll be gone on business all next week ( we have a super loud alarm and a very very scary huge dog in case any crazys are reading). So I knew that if I wanted to have any chance to get my shopping all done I'd have to start earlier than I've done in years past. I'm going to try and get a list put up of the rest of my thankfulness stuff, dang it I worked hard on that list and I want to share it.
But until then, I hope that everyone had a very happy Thansgiving, and that no one gets too stressed out while trying to get ready for Christmas.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am just glad that you are feeling better.

Erika said...

I'm so sorry Dorri! Glad you're over it though. "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything" (what movie?) Congrats on the Christmas shopping almost done. I wish I had mine done, but Ryan wants me to wait for him until next weekend once finals are over and then we can go together. I actually like shopping with him because he keeps me in line. I tend to over do it sometimes. Ü

Dorri said...

Princess Bride

I have really tried to stick to my list this year and to my budget. That has actually helped with my shopping, it has kept impluse buying to a minimum. Our goal is to pay cash for everything this Christmas, we've done it in the past and it is a great feeling. And one of the benifits is that we spend a lot less for each kid. And really they don't need all the stuff that I would probably buy them if we used credit.
How do you decide what to get your kids? Do they make a list? Do you pick things that they need, or are there things that you get them that are associated with your childhood?

Erika said...

You're good with the movies! This year it was easy deciding what we are going to get the kids. They all want expensive things, so we are getting them each just one thing. They get so many presents from other people anyway, that they really don't need any more than that.