February 8, 2011

Whinny Me

So school has been extra hard this semester, and in reality it will only keep on getting harder. Which makes me what to hide under a rock.  And I keep thinking it's not fair, I liked it so much better when I understood exactly what the instructor was talking about. But now they are talking about things I only kinda understand or don't get at all.  And I'm not liking that so much.  This morning while my Econ professor was trying to explain to several of us who didn't get it (see it's not just me) about how to calculate the yield to maturity on a bond it finally clicked, again.  I'm not here to learn the easy stuff or re-learn the stuff I already know, I'm here to learn the hard stuff and learn new things.  That's what is making me a better student and a better person.  I know that I didn't pick a fluff major ( but really at this point any major would have it's challenges), there is a lot of hard stuff that I am going to have to learn over the next year and 1/2ish.  And most of it is going to have me doing way more stretching and growing than I want too.  But I know it's for my own good.  That in the long run it will be for my benefit and the benefit of my children. So here's to growing and stretching and learning new things about life and about me.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Love your new photo! You look great! Your hair is so long...reminded me of that sad day you showed up on my doorstep after a bad haircut! : ) I wish I had such thick hair that could manage some length! I'm so excited for this new chapter of your life! It can only get better from here...right?