January 3, 2009

A New Year

I’ve really debated about if I was going to make any resolutions this year. See some years I’ve made them and haven’t even made it through the end of January before dumping them. And other years I haven’t made them but realized at the end of the year I did good on things that I had wanted to do good on, so good they really should have of been my goals all along. But this year I’ve decided to be simple with my goals for the year.

Be Happy, no REALLY happy

Stress less (which really goes along with being happy)

Smile more, give more hugs

Have more music around the house (just discovered Sirius on our TV, so cool!!)

Sing to my kids more, they don’t care that I can’t carry a tune

Dance with my husband, even if it’s just around the house

Read to my kids more.

Really that’s it, I want a more positive year. At the end of 2009 I want to look back a have some really great memories of the things that I did with my family.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What great goals. We should all strive to make better memories with our friends and family.

Erika said...

I love your goals--makes me want to try and do those same things. Thanks for being such a good example!

Marsha said...

I want to have a goal of actually getting dressed up (no lycra) and go on a date with my husband once a month. Just to remember that I look pretty good when I'm not wearing PB&J. : )

eric and girls said...

Thanks for the info. I changed that setting right away this morning. I added you to my blog list:)