April 29, 2009

Cleaning House

Well I guess now that my kids know I can publicly announce ... We are moving... I know big surprise to most of you. I think all 4 people that read this 3 already knew that we were moving. We aren't making a huge move. Currently we live in Caldwell, and we are moving about 30 minutes away to Boise, YEAH!! I am actually very excited about the move, there are a ton of positives and very little negatives. We will be way closer to Mr. Man's work, his parents, and shopping. Right now Mr. Man has about a 45 minute commute to work, I know way to long, big pain in the behind. We are hoping to find a place to rent within 5 to 15 minutes of his work, how awesome would that be, awesome let me tell you!!! We won't be actually making the move until the end of July so we have some time until the big day. We want to be moved and settled before the kids start back to school at the end of August.
I decided to go ahead and register Miss Magoo for kindergarten here just in case something changes at the last minute and she needs to go to kindergarten here. And after we got her registered I was even more happy to be moving. They are changing things for the kindergartens this year. They are doing full day kindergarten, but the kids won't go to school 5 days a week. They will be on one of two schedules Tuesday & Thursday, or Weds. & Friday and ever other Monday. Craziness, insanity I tell you, what are they thinking??? They are thinking that by having the kindergartens on this schedule they are saving money on busing the kids to school. Anyway one more reason to be happy to be moving.
The last time we moved (from Utah to Idaho) we were moving with Mr. Man's job, and it was lovely. They had packers come in and pack everything, and then a day later they had movers come in and load everything into their HUGE truck. Then 3 days later we met them in Idaho and they unloaded all our stuff and even put our beds together and out furniture where we wanted it. I was spoiled and it was fantastic. The only down side to them doing all that was I didn't get to do the de-cluttering that normally goes on when I pack for a move. So this time I'm starting early. Yesterday I went through all the totes in my garage and was ruthless. I whittled my 12 totes down to 9. I have 4 huge bags for DI and 3 empty totes sitting in my family room waiting. I've decided that there are lots of things in my house that we won't need for the next few months so they can be packed early. I am actually excited about the chance to de-clutter and de-junk my house. Nothing is safe, nothing will be spared, if it's broken, not played with, unused it will be gone! If it's unworn, outgrown, or just plain not necessary it's GONE. Whoopee, watch out house here I come.

1 comment:

Erika said...

That's exciting. The move sounds like a very good thing. Time is precious, and to waste it commuting is just a big bummer! That kindergarten schedule is funky. I've never heard of such a thing! Well good luck with the move. Have a ball tossing stuff out!!