April 8, 2009

Why oh why oh why...

Why is it that the minute I get on the phone my attention is needed asap by one if not both of my kids. They could have been playing happily together or seperatly for the last 30 minutes ( hey it does happen once in a blue moon). But the minute I say hello they are glued to my side until I hang up.

How is it that my son can remember every little thing he thinks I've ever "promised " him, but can never remember to flush and wash after he uses the bathroom?

Or that when his sister gets to do something fun while he's at school life isn't FAIR, but if he gets to do something fun at school and she gets upset, oh well he's in school and that's life??

Why is it the Mr. Man can never remember to put the seat down but can remember the stats to any football game ever played in the history of football, as well as all the names of those plays??

And why is it that my children seem to go deaf when I ask them to pick something up, but if I were to whisper "ice cream or candy" from my bedroom with the door shut they come running?

Could someone please explain it to me, I'm a little lost here...

1 comment:

Erika said...

Amen sista! I especially had to laugh at that last one about the ice cream and candy--SO TRUE!