November 1, 2010

Today I am Thankful for...

I remember doing this a couple of years ago*, or maybe I'm just remembering that I wanted to do this. Whatever, anyway since it is November (really how did it get to be November already??) and seeing as we will be celebrating Thanks Giving in s few short weeks, I wanted to get my thankfulness wheels going.
So I'm going to try and post something everyday that I am thankful for. Don't hold me to the everyday post, as things are getting crazy busy with school right now. But I am going to try.
So today, Nov. 1, 2010 I am thankful for Pell Grants and Student Loans. Yes I realize that is a odd thing to be thankful for. But I am getting ready to register for my classes for next semester (tomorrow in fact, keep your fingers crossed that I get the classes I want/need). But today I found out that the student loan I applied for came through. I am taking an intersession class this Christmas break. It's a session between the two regular semesters. The session is 3 wks long, that is they cram 15 wks of class down into 3 wks of class, now won't that be fun!
So today I am grateful that I am able to get not only Pell Grants (cause who doesn't like free money to pay for school!!!) but also for student loans to make up the difference.

* Erika, I'm pretty sure I got this idea from you a few years back, so THANKS!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Amen! It's a wonderful thing to have financial help with school, especially when you're required to pay over $50,000 a year for it! I'm still so proud of you that you've gone back to school and are sticking with it. I will be looking forward to your "thankful" posts as they help me realize the little things that I am thankful for. Love ya!!