November 9, 2010

Happy Weekends With My Kids

So I missed a few days. This weekend was a little crazy, but nothing new there. My kids usually spend the first three weekends of the month (during the school year) with their dad. But we swapped weekends for Halloween, so they were with me this past weekend. Anyway, we had a fun time.
PJ's old school out in Caldwell was having a Christmas bazaar, so we headed out there. It was so nice to run into friends of mine that still live there. We saw some fun stuff, had pictures with Santa, and found some cute hair flowers for Miss Magoo. I was just nice to spend sometime with both of them without all the craziness of school and homework and everything else we do.
Sunday we went to church together. While sometimes it is nice to be able to sit through Sacrament meeting without being mauled by my kids. Or having them get up to use the bathroom, blow their nose, get a drink every five seconds. And I do enjoy getting to actually listen to the speakers. I've found that most Sundays when they aren't with me, I miss them, A LOT!! It's just not the same sitting in church by myself without one of them snuggled up to me while we sing a hymn, or reminding them to fold their arms for a prayer. So this past weekend it was lovely having them sit with me. And the best part, they were so good!! (I should probably whisper that last part with my fingers crossed)
So today (any really yesterday and Sunday too ) I'm grateful that I had my kids with me and we got to enjoy some time together.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have to admit, I used to read your blog a few years back (in fact, as I re-read your blog posts, I remembered a bunch) and I love the comments you usually leave on my own blog (even though I'm terrible at replying to comments, which I think has started to drive people away, but I digress), but I had NO idea about what you've been through. And I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that you are living a life you didn't think you'd be living two years ago. And your advice/comment on my blog today (last night?) was really great. I will never forget it.