January 17, 2011

Checking In

So it's 17 days into the new year, and so far so good.  I finished my little 3 wk class, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in some ways and in other ways it seriously tried to kick my butt.  But I prevailed, and while I didn't quite get the grade I was hoping for (I got a B-)  I'm still happy with the results.  So now on to my regular semester which starts tomorrow, and I'm already stressing.  I'm taking four upper division classes along with another math class ( 2 down, 2 to go).  And just for fun, just because I totally want too I'm taking a weight-lifting class.  I took one last spring semester and loved it.  And while I didn't actually lose any weight, I lost 3% of my bmi.  I wasn't surprised that I didn't lose any weight that semester, in fact I think the only reason I didn't gain weight was because of the class.  That was a pretty emotional semester for me.  Anywhoo, I'm super excited to be doing the weight-lifting class again, I found out I can repeat the class like 8 times before I can't take it anymore, yea me! 
So these past 17 days I have been doing so good on my goals.  In fact last week and the week before I've gotten in 6 to 7 days a week or walking.  Normally I don't walk on Sunday, but these last two Sundays have been stressful/emotional days so I decided to try and walk it off.  In addition to the walking I have also gotten in 2 days a week of my water aerobic class at the Y.  I am feeling so good.  Today which is my weigh in day saw a loss of 4 lbs from last week.  4 lbs I tell you!!  That made for a very happy me this morning. 
So I think that I've found a new little motivator for me.  See there is a very special someone (who from this point forward shall be forever referred to as Mr. DA)  that has been stressing me out to the point I can't sleep, or sometimes even think straight. And I really needed my sleep these last few weeks, and of course over the next semester I'll need my sleep even more.  So my new plan is whenever I start to get stressed out or overwhelmed with life, if at all possible I go walk it off.  Last week alone I walked 17+miles on the treadmill.  I'm a genius!  Not only do I take my stress out on the treadmill, but I'm losing weight and looking great (so my mom tells me) in the process.   

So my totals so far:  32lbs lost, 2 pant sizes, and lots of inches (I'll have the #'s next time)
* I actually started this weight-loss journey back at the end of Sept. but I'm just now sharing.

Oh and on a totally unrelated note I just discovered Paul Cardall's music, wishing I had heard of him forever ago, his music is my new go to when I need to feel some peace. I also use it for my kids bedtime music and they love it too!  Seriously click on the link and listen!! 

2 comments:

Marsha said...

You ROCK!!! 32 Lbs is amazing! I love the stress relief of weight lifting! I even have a punching bag with Eric's head on top (as a joke...I really still love him!). Love to do side kicks! Keep it up. Mr. DA...I'm assuming that doesn't stand for District Attorney! ; )

Erika said...

That is so good! I'm jealous. Keep up the good work-I can't wait to hear more, and I can only imagine what DA stands for! Ha ha!