November 13, 2008

Sisters


Today I am most thankful that I have 4 sisters. I still live somewhat close to 3 of them (yes a 6 ½ hr drive is close), and someday hope to have the 4th a lot closer. They have all taught me many things that have changed me for the better. They have all taught me something important: to never give up, to try and look for the positive in life, that I’m important, and to have faith and trust in Heavenly Father. They are great examples to me. I look at them and hope that I can be like them, a better wife, mother, and person. They are there to listen when I complain, and there to tell me to shut-up and get over it too. When we were younger we didn’t always see things the same way, but as we’ve grown up, married, and had children we have grown closer. It is so lovely to have someone to call when my kids are on my last nerve who understands. To be able to talk to someone who shares my background, my memories of our growing up, of our family. So today I’m grateful for my sisters and the times that we’ve had to spend together, to laugh and cry together, to love each other.

5 comments:

Erika said...

I feel the exact same way about my sisters. They are my best friends. I love the old picture of all of you! Fun!

miss kitti said...

Hey, I'm the fourth! I hope to live closer some day, too.

I feel the same way, though. Our friendships have become so much stronger now that we have age and life experience to draw on.

I love you man.

Dorri said...

I was hoping that none of the sisters would mind me using this photo, it's only 18yrs old, can you believe that! But this is one of my favorite of the girls + mom.

Maudie Jane said...

I do love you, but you are lucky you live six hours away, that is not my favorite picture. I will chase you with a stick.

Okay not really. Let's be friends.

miss kitti said...

Me too, I don't love this picture of me but I do love Moddy. And it's a great picture of her. Always post the best pictures of yourself on your own blog. It's a rule I try to blog by.

Maudie Jane -you look adorable in this picture. What's not to love?